New feature: MercuryB (Mailing List Subscriber Service - MLSS):
- There is now a "forgot password?" item that will allow you to ask the server to e-mail your list password to you. This will be combined with an option to autocreate passwords when none is assigned.
- A "mass change" option that will allow you to set MAIL, NOMAIL or unsubscribe to all lists of which you are currently a member - it will work by sending a confirmation message to your subscription address with a completion link that will finish the process.
- The opening screen now has drop-down lists from which you can select the list you want to work with, instead of having to type the name in.
- Mercury can now auto-assign list passwords to any subscription that does not have them - there is a new option in the list editor for this.
- MLSS no longer works via the Mercury maiser - it now directly manipulates subscriptions, meaning it works better and faster, and that the mail server can now be disabled if you wish.
- MLSS's error handling has been heavily beefed-up. It handles more errors than before, and does it better.
- The standard welcome files now include new versions that offer links to MLSS for most management options instead of describing the archaic maiser commands. These standard files will be selected automatically if the list is marked as MercuryB-enabled and you use the standard welcome options.
Other changes in Mercury: