||Changes after beta 36, up to the 4.31 Release Candidate:|
- There is now a new hotkey for starting a new message to the sender
of a selected message in a folder (classic or preview mode): you can
now press <Ctrl+Shift+N> to do this.
- You can now attach a file with the extension ".PMPPKG" (short for "Pegasus Mail Preferences PacKaGe") to any message, and Pegasus Mail will handle it in a special fashion. If the recipient opens or double-clicks any attachment with that extension, Pegasus Mail will assume that it is a preferences package and will offer the user the option of merging the preferences settings it contains with his/her current preference settings.
The .PMPPKG file is simply a modified version of PMAIL.INI, containing any of the sections in PMAIL.INI, each section with one or more preference setting you want to alter (so, you don't have to include the whole section - you can just change one or two items): you can use command substitutions in any field; can use "x" placeholders in any of the integer block fields to preserve the current value at that position, and can use "-" in the "Default settings values" field to preserve the value at that position in the string.
.PMPPKG handling is hard-wired into the program, but can be overridden by adding entries into FILETYPE.PM (either manually or using the "Viewers" preferences page).
- The help has been substantially overhauled and is now as up-to- date as possible for this release timeframe.
- A problem with stray illegal characters in replies-to-all has been adjusted.
- Bullets and indents should behave themselves properly when you generate replies (prior to now, bullet and indented paragraphs would "collapse" in replies as soon as you tried to type text into them).
- The POP3, SMTP and IMAP profile editors now check and offer to change the port when you change an SSL setting that typically needs a different port.
- The attachment parser's filename length is increased to 150 characters.