A guide to Pegasus Mail Resource
Modified on 24-Oct-2004.
This page is "stolen" from the best book available about Pegasus Mail: Let your e-mail fly, by David Kocmoud and other members of the Pegasus Mail support team. David Kocmoud reviewed this page as well....
Viewing message headers in Pegasus Mail for Windows.
Pegasus Mail can display the headers in a message exactly as you like them to be displayed. The source for the display looks like the one below and needs to be entered in the file wpm-char.r. There is no information about this feature available in that file.
## The following strings determine which headers should
## be displayed in the message reader's "tidy" mode.
typedef header_strings 35
integer # The number of strings declared
string 20 # The header to MATCH (invariant)
string 20 # What PMail should DISPLAY (may be translated)
"FROM:", "From: ",
"TO:", "To: ",
"SUBJECT:", "Subject: ",
"DATE:", "Date sent: ",
"COMMENTS:", "Comments: ",
"X-MAILER:", "Mailed using: ",
"REPLY-TO:", "Send reply to: ",
"CC:", "Copies to: ",
"BCC:", "BCC to: ",
"RESENT-FROM:", "Forwarded by: ",
"RESENT-TO:", "Forwarded to: ",
"RESENT-DATE:", "Date forwarded: "
"X-REAL-SENDER:", "Real sender: ",
"ORGANIZATION:", "Organization: ",
"X-TO:", "Originally to: ",
"COPIES-TO:", "Copies to: ", ## This is an MHS form
"PRIORITY:", "Priority: "
Feel free to copy the information above directly into the file without modification, if you wish.
Now here is the process to get it all working:
We also recommend that you copy the modified WPM-CHAR.R source file from the RESOURCE subdirectory into the Pegasus Mail program directory or some other area since the one in the RESOURCE subdirectory will always be overwritten when installing new releases of Pegasus Mail.
- Locate the sample WPM-CHAR.R source code file in the RESOURCE subdirectory of your Pegasus Mail program directory.
- Open the WPM-CHAR.R file with your favorite pure-text editor (like Windows Notepad).
- Append the text above to the bottom of the file.
- Edit the lines to your liking, paying special attention to the syntax of the code. The first item (the number "17") should be the number of items in the list. All but the last header definition have a trailing comma. The right column of custom header names should all have the same number of characters (maximum of 20) in order for them to be properly aligned with each other when displayed in the message reader. Comments can be added at the end of a line by prefacing the comments by at least one "#" character, as shown in the example above.
- Save the file.
- Open an MS-DOS Prompt box and go to the RESOURCE subdirectory within your Pegasus Mail program directory.
- Issue the command
A WPM-CHAR.RSC resource file will be created in this same directory.
- Copy this WPM-CHAR.RSC file into the Pegasus Mail progam directory (for global use by all users running this copy of Pegasus Mail) AND/OR into the home mailbox location (for individual use--takes priority over the global one in the Pegasus Mail program directory).
Pegasus Mail © David Harris, New Zealand.
Do you know more Pegasus Mail related links or any other information you like me to put
on my pages, please send me an e-mail.
Thank you for visiting my pages.